Our Mission: To move people into a more dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ.
At BCC, we believe the church should be a movement that continually moves forward. That means that above all else we can’t lose sight of our mission, which is to HELP MOVE people into a more dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ. One of the primary ways we keep this mission in our focus is by keeping people who attend BCC connected to and actively engaged in this mission. We believe that when you join the mission – you own the mission.
MEMBERSHIP IS ALL ABOUT SIGNALING THAT YOU ARE JOINING, OR PARTNERING, IN THIS MOVEMENT TO FULFILL OUR MISSION.
The unity that membership creates is very important because we believe that when we place our faith in Jesus Christ, we share in a unique community with other believers as members of the body of Christ. We are called to belong, not just believe.
This unity, body, and connection is a compelling reason for membership: a way to define your individual commitment as it relates to the people of BCC whom you regularly attend church with, and at the same time join many others in shared responsibilities, service, and support for the fulfilling of our mission.
As a member of the movement of Brevard Community Church, you are committing to uphold these values as we work together to fulfill our mission. And as we uphold these values, we will create a welcoming and beautiful community of Christ followers.
I will protect the unity of my church
- by acting in love toward others (1 Peter 1:22)
- by refusing to gossip (Ephesians 4:29)
- by submitting to church leadership (Hebrews 13:17)
I will share the responsibilities of my church
- by praying for our church (1 Thessalonians 1:2)
- by inviting unconnected people to church (Luke 14:23)
- by welcoming those who visit our church (Romans 15:7)
I will serve my church
- by cultivating a servant’s heart
- by using my spiritual gift in my church (1 Peter 4:10)
- by participating in my church’s training gatherings (Eph 4:11-12)
I will support my church
- by attending DISCOVER My Church
- by attending services faithfully (Hebrews 10:25)
- by pursuing spiritual growth and holy living (Philippians 1:27)
- by giving financially (1 Corinthians 16:2 & Leviticus 27:30)
To develop these values within my personal life, I am committing to:
- faithfully pray for the ministry of BCC
- use my spiritual gifts in ministry at BCC
- give financially at BCC
- attend regularly at BCC