But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
We exist to move people into a more dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ. Every dollar given at BCC resources our purpose. We believe that the church does not exist for us; we are the church and we exist for the world. That is why we will fund local, national, and international outreach efforts. We will fund:
- Local outreach partners that are feeding, clothing, and provide assistance to people in need.
- National church planting efforts and disaster relief.
- Mobilization of our congregation in local, national, and international projects and outreach journeys.
- Reaching the unreached around the world.
- Local church-planting and revitalization initiatives.
- Denominational support: Cooperative Program, North Carolina Baptist Convention, and Transylvania Baptist Association.
- Missionaries supported by BCC, and BCC members who are going to the mission field.
Appalachian Christmas Outreach • Coeburn, VA • December 13-14, 2019 Applications available! Appalachian Christmas Outreach is a partnership with Appalachian Coalfield Ministry. The Appalachian Coalfields Ministry seeks to meet
Shoe & Backpack Collection
We are also collecting new, unworn athletic shoes as well as new, unused backpacks filled with items for boy and girl students 11-17 years old. Items can be left in the rear of the auditorium on
Each zippered school backpack should include:
- Small items of NEW items of warm clothing such as winter hats, gloves, socks, underwear, scarves, etc.
- Small pop-top canned food such as ravioli, tuna, beef stew, vegetables, fruit (3-4 cans)
- At least one NEW,
age appropriatenon-breakable toy (no toy weapons, please!) This can include small cars, balls, dolls, small stuffed animals, yo-yos, jump rope, sidewalk chalk, card games, Legos, etc. For oldest age group (15-17) substitute an appropriate item instead of a toy, such as,a flashlight, small thermos, light blanket, books, hunting and fishing magazines for the boys – jewelry, books, skin careproducts, hair accessories, etc. for the girls
- Hygiene items including toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, washcloth, brush or comb, shampoo, deodorant (please fit these items into a
one gallonZiploc bag so they do not leak out into the rest of the backpack).
- Fresh, wrapped candy (no chocolate please, as it may melt)
- A youth Bible (NIV or NLT preferred)
- LABEL THE BACKPACK: Each backpack should be labeled by gender as well as the appropriate age. Age groups include: 11-14 & 15-17
**We ask that you prepare your backpack as you would for your own child or grandchild, with new items, not used ones. This quality gift could be the only Christmas present this child
Augustine Literacy Project | https://www.augustineproject-brevard.org/
- Sharing House | http://www.sharinghouse.org/
Transylvania Hunger Coalition | http://hungerfreetc.org/
Whitewater Cove | https://www.blackmountainhome.org/programs/residential-care/
SAFE | http://www.safebrevard.com/
- Jail Ministry | http://dev.tbanc.org/?page_id=1859
The Center For Women | http://brevardwomenscenter.com/
8 Days Of Hope | http://www.eightdaysofhope.com/
- Love Unveiled | https://loveunveiled.org/
Nimrod Outdoors | http://www.nimrodoutdoors.com/
Mission City Church – Rutland, Vermont | http://www.mcity.church
- TOV Church – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- P31 Women’s Center – Hamilton, Montana
Appalachian Coalfield Ministry (Dewey & Kathie Aiken) | https://baptistsonmission.org/Mission-Projects/United-States/Appalachian-Coalfields
Around the Corner Ministries | https://www.aroundthecornerministries.org
- Christian Community in Honduras | https://www.cchonduras.org
- Compassion International | https://www.compassion.com/
CAFE 1040 | http://www.cafe1040.com/
Global Gates | https://globalgates.info
- Jessie’s Well | http://jessieswell.org
- OMF | https://omf.org/us/
- Operation Christmas Child | https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
- Pioneers | https://www.pioneers.org/
- SIM | https://www.sim.org/home